Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Return of Darth Corder

Hello all (even you cowardly Jedi who tremble at the merest of my postings), as you can see some of my Sith buddies and myself spent some time chilling on the beach during my recent vacation. It was pretty relaxing until Jango had that incident with the shark (Ouch! Believe me, you don't want to know more; what a moron). Now that I have returned, I find it laughable that only 2 Jedi have posted in response to my challenge. I mean, I know that books with too few pictures and lots of words are beyond the skill level of a Jedi to understand, but, come now, certainly there are a couple of Baby Board books that you could attempt to review for the blog (Hahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!). Well, you are quickly running out of time and it is looking as though I, the mighty Darth Bill, will not be having his picture in a dress and all the Jedi in the known galaxy will forever be put to shame (Haahhahahahhahahahhhahaha!!!!!). Tell you what, you pathetic Jedi, I will extend my challenge until September 10. After that I will just laugh and chuckle to myself about the once mighty Jedi Order.

Well enough of my Jedi ridiculing, I want to talk about some more really cool books I have read:

1) The Time Warp Trio: Knights of the Kitchen Table by Jon Scieszka - This is the first book in Mr. Scieszka's hilarious Time Warp Trio series. The three main character are Joe (a budding magician), Fred (a cool sports type guy), and Sam (a nerdy but cool egg head). The fun starts when Joe gets this weird looking magic book as a present from his uncle. This is no ordinary magic book, as the guys find this out quickly. One minute they are looking at the book and talking about knights and the next they find themselves in the time of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table. This sounds pretty cool, ya think huh? Wrong!!!!!!! The first thing they run into when they arrive is the dreaded Black Knight, who, for some unknown reason, is bent on killing them. Next they meet Merlin, who does not like them at all. To prove themselves to Merlin and Arthur they must take on Bleob, a totally gross giant, who smells worse than anything you can imagine, issues nauseating burps, snots slime that falls onto everyone, and does other things I don't even want to mention. Did I also mention the dragon they have to deal with? All the books in this series are extremely funny and guaranteed to generate more than a few laughs, so check this one out and the others in the series.

Later and Peace,

Bill

No comments: