Friday, December 28, 2007

THANK YOU, MR. RIORDAN!!!!!!!

Oh, man!! Oh, MAN!!!!! This is Carl and am I excited!! Can you imagine what it would be like to receive a fantastic, unbelievable, more-than-you-ever-believed great present 2 days after Christmas? That's what happened to me yesterday. When I got in to work, there was this package sitting on my desk from Rick Riordan, the author of the great Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. The author of my favorite books sent a package to me!!! I couldn't believe it. Then I opened it and found that he had sent me a note thanking me for supporting his books on our blog AND some Camp Half-Blood T-shirts!!! Camp Half-Blood is where the demigods--kids born of Olympian and mortal parents train to...well, to survive because there are monsters coming after them all the time. (There are some places that actually hold week-long camps based on Camp Half-Blood) So I am just overwhelmed and want to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, MR. RIORDAN!!!! I will keep one for myself, if you don't mind, because I've always wanted one, and give one to co-blogger Bill (because I couldn't do this without him) and I have ideas about what to do with the others--in fact, I'll tell about one idea in just a minute. But first, would you like to see what the shirts look like? Here you go:











There we are, immortalized like the people in a constellation. Yeah, that's us--HimandI The Twins!! (Him and I--Twins--get it? Him and I--Gemini? Oh, I'm so brillia...oh, never mind!)

Did you have trouble reading the shirts? Here's a close-up:











Now for the sweet part--you could win one of these T-shirts! Mr. Riordan was kind enough to send us some Medium-sized shirts, just right for boys. Here's how to get one:

We're going to do a series here at Imaginon in January called Get to Know...Heroes. On January 8, I will do a program on Belerephon and the Pegasus (there's a Percy Jackson tie-in for you!) and Bill will do a Beowulf program on January 15. On January 22, we'll hold a Get to Know...Heroes Festival at Imaginon from 2-4pm. We'll have all kinds of fun activities about heroes (probably even superheroes). Sooo--the boy who sends us the most posts, talking about books, by January 21 will win one of these shirts! If you live in the Charlotte area, you can come to Imaginon on January 22 to get your shirt. (That will be a teacher workday, so you won't have to miss school) If you live too far away from Charlotte, we'll work out a way to get it to you. OK? Let's hear from you! And check out our PLCMC website to find out about our Get to Know...Heroes sessions and festival.

No comments: