Thursday, January 10, 2008

Cyber Kid Speaks Again!

Wow, this is great! cyber kid 303 has left us a message and a new book comment:

Carl,

I did see Wendelin Van Draanen at Novello, along with all the other authors. I even got to eat breakfast & talk to Jeff Smith, author of Bone, who I know Darth Bill likes. I am not part cyber, but I love computers (and books).

P.S. Your Pegasus program was great!

Danny the Champion of the World by Roald Dahl -- Danny, a boy whose mom died when he was 4 months old, was left with his dad who swore to himself that he would not go poaching (illegally hunting) again until Danny was old enough to stay home alone at night in the gypsy caravan where they lived. His dad broke the swear and Danny woke up in the middle of the night worried. Soon, Danny becomes more interested in poaching and wants to do it himself. There are interesting things that happen in this book and it is perfect for a book club.Roald Dahl has written many other good books...The Magic Finger, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator, The Twits, The BFG and others. I'm going to see The BFG at Imaginon this month!

Whew, I'm glad you're not part cyber. I'd hate to think a Borg was coming into the library regularly. Thanks for the compliment about the Pegasus program. I had a really good time too. Hope you can come to Bill's program on Beowulf next Tuesday and the Heroes and Villians festival on the 22nd.

Well, you're now in the lead for the free T-shirt contest, but don't rest yet--I bet there are other guys out there, itching to write and get that shirt. How about it, guys?

And if you all want to find out the Childrens' Theatre production of The BFG, (which ought to be very cool) click here.
And if you want to learn more about Roald Dahl, check out the extremely cool and fun site, click here.
Take it easy,
Carl

No comments: