Friday, January 11, 2008

Cyber Kid Speaks Again!

Cyber Kid 303 has just left us another comment:

My computer connection failed just as I was sending my comment, so I'm resending it just in case it didn't make it earlier.
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J. K. Rowling--Harry, who grew up with muggles (non-magical people), is really a wizard. His muggle mom and his wizard dad died when a powerful, evil wizard named Voldemort killed them. The only other wizard more powerful than him is Albus Dumbledore, headmaster of Hogwarts school that teaches magic. Harry, meanwhile, at age 11 is living with his horrible aunt and uncle and their horrible son, Dudley. They get a letter that says Harry should go to Hogwarts where he not only finds friends and adventure, but also danger.J.K. Rowling has written 6 other books in the Harry Potter series that is one of the top selling series in the world. Other Harry Potter books in the series include, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (I just finished this one and will write a blog about it next), Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
P.S. I am going to the Beowulf program.

Very good, cyber kid. I know you'll enjoy the Beowulf program--Bill does really good stuff. Besides, Beowulf is one of the greatest hero-vs-monster stories of all time. Have you read all the Harry Potter books, cyber kid? I haven't, I'm sorry to say, but Bill has. Which one is your favorite, Bill? How about the rest of you--which one is your favorite?
Carl
PS--Did you know we have a technowizard here at Imaginon who got her degree in Computer Magic from Hogwarts? Don't believe me? Look at our December 5 post called "Kelly the Technowizard Comes Through"

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

OK - I'm a mom, not a kid, but it's great to see boys loving books as much as my daughter does - basically her idea of heaven is having me read her Harry Potter all day long. Love that HP makes kids voracious readers.