Saturday, January 17, 2009

Two More Good Quick Reads: Geronimo Stitlton

Sometimes I like to tell you guys about books I call Good Quick Reads. You know, something good that doesn't take very long. Well, I've often had younger guys come in here and ask for Geronimo Stilton books. In fact, I've had so many requests that I decided to check them out myself. So I got a couple at random off our shelves and I really, really liked them! The two I got were The Temple of the Ruby of Fire and The Valley of the Giant Skeletons. (How could you resist titles like those??) In the first one, Geronimo Stilton, editor of The Rodent's Gazette, goes with his sister Thea, his cousin Trap, and his favorite nephew Benjamin to find the Ruby of Fire in the Amazon jungles and has close encounters with piranha, overly-cheerful resort hosts, and oil-gushing fountains that can burst into flame. In the second, Geronimo and company fly off to Mongolia to find a lost treasure from a map made by their Great-Great-Great-Uncle Wally and get stranded in the Gobi Desert! These books are funny, suspenseful, and action-packed. I even learned a few things along the way! These books are definitely for our younger readers, but if you pick one up, you won't be disappointed!
Carl

No comments: