Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Up for a little Chess?

Hey guys, Master Jedi Zack here again.

I have been following the March Madness Author Shootout and am pleased to see Neil Gaiman and Jay Piscopo are in the final round. Neil Gaiman has been one of my favorite authors for a very long time now, but I get to meet Jay Piscopo next week and his books are awesome, so I don't know who I want to win! The good news is that they are both outstanding and so I won't be unhappy with the results.

Now onto my real reason for writing today. Here at the Matthews Library, we are going to have a kids chess club starting this summer. The club will meet on Monday afternoons on June 15, June 29th and July 13th. If you want to learn how to play or already know come by the library and sign up. This club will be for everyone (we might even let the girls in) who will be in 1st through 5th grade next school year.

In case any of you are curious what I'm reading these days, I've been pretty busy with that!

I just finished The Battle of the Labyrinth. My take = AWESOME!
Now I have a few books going at once; Flush, The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod: eight grade bites and finally the second 39 Clues book (yes I am behind) One False Note.



No comments: