Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Last Olympian--Two Thumbs Up As High As They Will Go!!

Hey, everyone, this is the Great and Clumsy CARLMAN, reporting back to duty after falling off our loading dock last weekend. Yep, fell off a loading dock! Can you believe it? I was helping someone unload a few things out of a car when I suddenly stepped off the dock by accident. Fortunately, it wasn't very high and I didn't just fall right over. But I did twist my leg and had to take a few days off.

The only good thing was, once the constant pain eased, I finished The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan. MAN. OH. MAN. What a story!! This is it--the final confrontation between the forces of Kronos and the Olympians. The trouble is that Poseidon is under the sea, battling the armies of the titan Oceanus, and the other Olympians are trying to stop Typhon, the most enormous giant possible, before he reaches New York. The only ones to stand between Mount Olympus and Kronos's massive army of monsters are Percy and his friends. Can these kids possibly stand against the Lord of Time? And to make things worse, there's a spy in the Half-Blood camp! How could it get any worse?

You will LOVE this book. There is so much action, monster fighting, and desperate battles that you won't be able to stop reading. And there's also the great Rick Riordan humor. Just wait until you meet the Party Ponies. Or see the giant in the playground who keeps saying, "Uh oh." Or witness the scenes between Demeter and Persephone. And, as always, Mr. Riordan pulls some major surprises. As when you find out what Nico's plan really is. Or when the spy is revealed. You'll never guess. Nope. You won't. I guarantee!
This is a great conclusion to a fantastic series. There are very few series that are so good that they become part of your life. The Lords of the Rings is one. Some say Harry Potter is another. (I haven't finished them) With The Last Olympian, the Percy Jackson series takes its place right with them. that's why this book deserves...
TWO THUMBS UP AS HIGH AS THEY WILL GO!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey guys,
Its Koko B. Ware here. I was just wanting to know if you knew of any good books that I should try out. I am at a point in my life where I have read everything I can think of and I am at a loss for words, Literally!
So if you guys could think of anything that you thought was interesting, send me a comment on guysread and let me know.

Thanks Guys,

Koko B. Ware

ANDRE THE GIANT said...

HEY THIS ANDRE THE GIANT AND I WROTE A BOOK REVIEW A LITTLE WHILE BACK, AND I FORGOT TO ASK FOR A BOOK. I WOULD BE SO HONORED TO BE GIVEN A BOOK FROM YOU TALENTED PEOPLE. IT DOES NOT MATTER TO ME THE TITLE OR THE AUTHOR OF THE BOOK.

IT WOULD BE JUST AN ENORMOUS PLEASURE TO READ ANYTHIGNT THAT YOUR HANDS HAVE TOUCHED AND YOUR BRAIN HAS THOUGHT OF.

SO PLEASE IF YOU COULD SEND A BOOK TO MR. HUTCHINSON AT THE SCHOOL,http://salemms.wcpss.net/. I WOULD BE VERY PLEASED.

--ANDRE THE GIANT

Ricky the Dragon said...

Awesome book, read it in a few days. Becoming bored, I read it AGAIN and still loved it. Best part is really the whole book is a giant fight!

~Ricky the Dragon
*Guys Read*

Iron Guy Carl said...

Hey guys,

Thanks for your good notes! I've just pulled a couple of books for you, Andre, and will send them soon. I published your comment and a response on the post of 5-27, Koko. It was good to see you at Rick Riordan, Ricky. I read your posts about it, guys. Did you get to see mine?