Monday, July 13, 2009

The New Erec Rex Book and a New Friend Tells Us About a Good Read

Hey, fellow reader guys, it's Carl and I'm all excited because the new Erec Rex book finally arrived at the library. Here I am with my copy:









And here's what I'll be doing the next couple of weeks:









Except when I'm finishing the third Tripods book:



I remember last summer, taking the bus home and burying my head in the first two Erec Rex books. Was some of the most reading fun I've ever had. Looking forward to this one.

And we have a review from our new friend Sarah:

Hey, guys! I love your blog, even though I'm not a guy, and use your reviews to help me make recommendations for the guys at my library. I finished a book last night that I think you will love. It's called Half Moon Investigations and it's by Eoin Colfer, famed author of the Artemis Fowl series. Fletcher Moon (nicknamed Half Moon because he's not exactly tall) is quite bright-- he even took an online course and is a qualified private detective. Kids at school pay him to help them figure out mysteries and such, like who stole from their backpacks and what not. Fletcher has trouble when he breaks an important detective rule and becomes involved in his own case. Now he's on the run from the police and his family, and has only a short time to prove his innocence. This books is great!-- the language is precise and makes you feel like you're really there with Fletcher. It doesn't have a sequel yet, but I sure hope Eoin writes one!
Boys rule! (and so do girls!) Hurrah! I would be honored to be an Honorary Guy : ). I've been devouring the Percy Jackson books (lovelovelove!) and am eyeing the second Vladimir Tod.

Thanks, Sarah! I'm embarrassed to say that I've never read an Eoin Colfer book. Would this be a good start? I know there are a lot of Eoin Colfer fans out there--what are your favorites?
And, because you use our blog to recommend books to your reader guys, we will give you our greatest honor and make you an Honorary Guy! Please--don't be overwhelmed. You've earned the right to be an Honorary Guy!

1 comment:

sarah said...

Thanks for posting my review and making me an honorary guy! This would be a great book to start with if you want to try some of Eoin Colfer's work. You can also start with the first book in the Artemis Fowl series (titled simply Artemis Fowl) or you might try Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novel. Hurrah!