Friday, April 15, 2011

Good Audiobooks for Guys (especially Beverly Cleary)

What's up, all you reader guys in Blogland? Getting ready for spring break? The kids in Charlotte start spring break next week and I bet some of them are planning vacation trips right now. How about YOU?? Are you going anywhere? If so, let me give you one word--audiobooks!! They are great! Pop one in your car's cd player or download one to your player and bam! the car trip becomes a LOT of fun. To see some reviews of audiobooks that I and your fellow reader guys have enjoyed, go to the "Labels-Quick Links to..." section on the left-hand side of the page and click on "audiobooks."

Some of the best are by Beverly Cleary. I thought about them particularly because this week marks her 95th birthday! She has written a lot of great books for guys, especially the Henry Huggins and Ramona books. They are still funny!! Don't believe me? Then look at this review of a Ramona audiobook and this one of the Henry Huggins audiobooks. As they said, these things could still happen today!

So check them out and let me know what you think. And if you've heard any other audiobooks that you really liked, write in and tell us!

2 comments:

Jana said...

My sons and I listened to all the Henry Huggins then all the Ramona in about a four month period in our car. They LOVED them!

Ms. Yingling said...

Definitely recommended a lot of Cleary this week. Good to know the audio versions are good as well.